Disabledplanet for people who are disabled, and people interested in the subject disability.

Trying to understand

janice

Trying to understand

Post  janice on Sun Apr 12, 2009 5:51 pm

I am a real amputee. I lost my right leg 5 years ago. I notice that when I am not wearing my prosthesis in public I receive more attention, particularly from men. Why is this? It does concern me a little, but I also want to understand why someone would like to see me rather than a woman with two legs.

Jack553208

not easy to explain

Post  Jack553208 on Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:41 am

I am a devotee. Check out the link on this site to learn more. All I can say, is that there is a VERY strong sexual attraction that takes place in us, when we see a woman with this particular disability. Think of what attracts you to a particular man: big muscles, good personality, etc. Multiply that by 10 and you can start to imagine our attraction. We don't see a disability, we see an improvement. You may not understand this, but there is no reason why you can't enjoy it. Find a man who is attracted to you, and let him build your self confidence, let him go crazy over you. you'll be doing him (and yourself)a favor.

janice

Re: Trying to understand

Post  janice on Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:02 am

I have looked at some "devotee sites". Most I find quite repulsive, but there are others that seem to be not too offensive. It still seems a little odd to have a "fetish" about a disability. Speaking for myself, I have to admit that I have mixed emotions about someone who may find me attractive just because I am missing one leg. Part of me feels scared, and part of me feels grateful. It's confusing for sure!

parson

Post  parson on Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:45 am

Janice, I wouldn't be too concerned. Different people like different things. For example, often my girlfriend pretends to be a right arm amputee because she WANTS to look that way. I don't know how she would react if she really did lose her arm, but she says she would like it. She sure craved the attention she got when she went pretending out in public! Lots of people noticed her.

StrongMusic

Post  StrongMusic on Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:05 am

Awesome topic. In my opinion, amputees are very attractive. I dont know why. I would not want to be an amputee and I dont pretend to be one either...I just like women amputees and those who are pretenders. It is nothing to be afraid of. God made us like that.

janice

Post  janice on Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:18 am

I had an interesting and frank discussion with some friends at dinner last night. The topic was my appearance as an amputee. We talked about how I look when I don't wear my leg. Two of my male friends (not devotees) thought I looked better without my leg on. One said it was because I limp awkwardly when I wear my prosthetic leg. The other liked how I tuck up my empty pant leg when I don't wear my leg. One of my female friends said she liked how move when I use my crutches. Another female friend said I just looked more natural without my leg on. I was surprised by their comments. All this time I felt I had to wear my leg so I could look "normal" like them. They assured me that they didn't really mind my one legged appearance. This made me feel a whole lot better about myself.

nplang

Post  nplang on Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:36 pm

Dear Janice:
    I have been a devotee and wannabeefor some years now. I worked on understanding why this is the way it is. I am extremely attracted by amputees, but I also need to become friendly and get to know them. I had two amputee girlfriends. The first one lost her leg to cancer and after eight years lost her life to cancer. Time with her was phenomenal. For me she was the perfect body. I became a devotee with her. Now I have my second girlfriend, an above elbow amputee who has lost her arm in an accident two years ago. She copes beatifully with it. Again her stump is for me the biggest attraction together with her personality. Be proud to be an amputee. You deserve to be proud. You are special Would like to get to know you.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:42 am